To many, e-marketing, or email marketing, doesn’t seem like a great use of time. Fact is, for the right industry and audience, e-marketing can be extremely effective if you know the keys to a great email marketing strategy. WTI is here to help. Let’s define some key elements to that effective strategy.
1. Set goals and stick to them: Don’t just send random emails and flood potential customers’ inboxes. Define your goals for your e-marketing campaign. Define your potential customers, your budget, what you want to offer, your mailing schedule and a budget. It is also a good recommendation to know what your competition is doing, to better define your own goals.
2. Know your customer: There are many metrics you can use to define your customer. The first is a simple number of email addresses in your mailing list. If you know this number, you can keep track of all the ones that follow, such as new subscribers since your last mailing. Then you can see this number grow, and get a handle on your popularity. Remember that some customers like to use social media source to communicate via message as well, like Facebook and Twitter. Be willing to adapt to your customer.
3. Keep on top of opt-outs: People will unsubscribe to your emails, it happens. Knowing which mailings cause people to unsubscribe can help you with future e-marketing ventures. You can adjust based on what is attracting subscribers, as well as what is causing you to lose subscribers. This goes right back to number 2. Knowing your customer. If you see what they like, and what they don’t, then you are truly ahead of the game.
4. Keep track of your clicks: Usually with most e-marketing platforms you can monitor the amount of clicks you receive via your e-marketing. Clicks can tell you not only who opened the email, which is another important metric, but who is actually following through to your website via the email. Another metric to look out for is the open to click ratio. This is another piece of information that can let you know just how good your email is performing.
5. Look for e-marketing platforms that ultimately show you conversion rates: In the end, this is what you are looking for and you need to know if your efforts are providing sales. When investigating e-marketing solutions for your business, this is a key factor to look for.
In the end, it is all about building relationships with potential clients. This is probably the most important factor. You want your readers to be interested in what you say. So when putting together your email marketing, give them something to talk about, something to spark their interest. If you can conquer this, you have found the real key to keeping subscribers, and the rest of the list above will fall into place.
For more information on e-marketing solutions, contact Websites to Impress at either our Iowa or Illinois office. We manage email marketing for our clients, and can assist you in getting your e-marketing off the ground. Call us today!