We have said it before and we will say it again, even at the chance we sound preachy. You really HAVE to go mobile with your website. If you don’t have a responsive/mobile ready website you will be missing the boat in so many ways in 2016. One of the biggest reasons is your results in how you rank for search engines. It is becoming a bigger and bigger factor in search engine optimization (SEO). This isn’t the only reason, though. The biggest reason it might matter to you as a business owner is the loss of sales. If you have an online store, many people will abandon their purchase if your shopping cart system isn’t optimized for mobile. This is important to any business, small or otherwise. The amazing thing, even though we have been talking about this for a while, is that many websites are not optimized for mobile yet. Get on the boat, here’s why:
1. Mobile Users aren’t Typical Internet Users: When someone uses their phone or tablet to access the internet, it is for different reasons than a desktop users. They are wanting information fast, at their fingertips. Keeping your information short, too the point, and easily accessible helps this type of user.
2. Statistics show that mobile gets a huge chunk of the traffic: One-quarter of searches worldwide are conducted on a mobile device. That’s huge, and important. Google made a point of it last year with the Hummingbird algorithm that they believe the traffic supports the idea that mobile is the search method of the future. There is another update coming potentially in January from Google, and expect more emphasis to be put on mobile than even.
3. Mobile to desktop consistency shows branding and people like that: It’s been proven that people move between devices quite often to get a task done. If your mobile website and desktop website versions are consistent (as well as your social media!) you have a better shot at return visits from customers. Easy navigation and simple layout are key.
4. Lower bounce rate for well done mobile sites: If your site isn’t mobile ready, expect a huge bounce rate. People don’t have the patience for sites that are pretty much unreadable. If you have a clean, mobile-ready version of your website your bounce rate will drop and users will be engaged much longer.
5. More customers will convert into sales: Similar to bounce rate, if your site isn’t optimized for mobile, people will abandon sales out of frustration. It’s been shown even that mobile users are more likely to impulse buy and if your website is optimized and clear, and you make it easy to interact with customers, you will benefit from this in sales.
WTI is located in Iowa and Illinois, but we work with clients all over the country to make their websites responsive and mobile ready. You can do a complete re-design of your website or we can even take your current design and make it responsive. Either way, you will reap the benefits in more customer engagement, and potentially more sales and visitors to your website. You can also expect a boost in your search engine rankings once you go mobile. To learn more, call us. We will write you a free quote for your website. Don’t wait to go mobile. Make the jump today.